Caught in the Rain

I decided to take a little experiment from a few months back a little further. You can find the original post here. I really liked working on the image and the general feel the raw render had.

The lighting felt like the first rain was about to hit and it's a moment I really wanted to capture. Weather effects were added with After Effects and two standard plugins. CC Mercury for the drops on the lens and CC Particle World for the rain.

I only needed the camera from Max quickly and used a great script called Sk-Films: Camera Exporter from Scriptspot. This way, I could align the CC Particle World spawn with the view to simulate the rain drops.

Just like the previous image, this was rendered with Corona (A6 this time). Frames took about ~18 minutes to render at 720p, the bricks were done using displacement. I really like how Corona handles this as well, it feels fast and easy to work with, giving you just the right amount of control.

I'm happy with the overall result, the image reflects (no pun intended) what I set out to express with it.

Rumble in the Jungle (R&D)

Just a small post with an R&D render of a personal project.

Rumble in the Jungle project: RnD 1

Celebrating the release of Corona's alpha v6, I used it to scatter a bunch of tropical Archmodels. The new release brought a lot a of new features to the table, be sure to check them out of the Corona homepage.

Render elements have been sorted out, which adds a higher level of post-production options. For instance, the reflections in the water were rendered perfectly clear and blurred in post. This way the full HD render only took about 15 minutes to get where it's at. The renderer never ceases to amaze me, it's so much fun to use and produces truly great results fast.

For me, it combines Vray-esque performance with the level of integration mental ray has in 3ds Max.

Grass was done with the Grass Generator, of course. Still working on the new features, having fun discovering maxscript.